1. Slice wide halves off each side of your apple
2. Cut each half in 2 pieces.
3. Cut 2 slits into each apple to remove a thick wedge.
4. Remove green from strawberry and slice thin
5. Push in slivered almonds for teeth
6. Insert toothpicks in the backside of the apple
7. Insert the strawberry “tongue�?
8. Add grapes or berries for eyes. That’s it!
If desired… before inserting the strawberry tongue, you can fill the mouth with your favorite nut butter or jam for an extra spooky (and delicious) effect. Happy eating!
NOTE: Be sure to remove the toothpicks under the eyes before serving to younger children.
Happy and healthy Halloween eating for the little monsters at your dinner table!